- The Doors are an American rock band formed in 1965 in Los Angeles, California
- The bands members were vocalist Jim Morrison, keyboardist Ray Manzarek, drummer John Densmore and guitarist Robby Krieger
- They got the name The Doors from Aldous Huxley's book 'The Doors of Perception'.
- RIAA say The Doors have sold over 32.5 million albums in the US alone, with 80-100 million albums worldwide
- They had a record label with Elektra
- 1967 was their breakthrough year with the single 'Light my Fire' becoming the first single for Elektra records to reach number 1 in the billboard hot 100 singles chart, selling over 1 million copies.
- The Doors were seen as a very controversial band, due to Morrisons wild, poetic lyrics often having a lot of relevance to drugs
- Their controvery later followed by Morrison being the first rock artist to be arrested by the police, following the incident in New Haven which he argued with a police officer then followed to belittle the police on stage as for why he was late
Tuesday, 30 November 2010
JB - Doors: History
This is my research and a brief summary of The Doors background history.